FAQ - Application

Learn more about the new career opportunity system. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

How to Apply Guide

Visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/riverside/ page to view and apply to current job opportunities.

Yes. If you already have a Governmentjobs.com account, you can use it to apply for County of Riverside jobs.

Yes. Use this Reset Password link and you will be asked to provide the email used on your account.

Yes they do. Opening days/hours: Monday through Friday, 6 am to 5 pm Pacific Time
Email address: support@governmentjobs.com
Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
Call hold times depend on the time of day. Press 2 to request a call back at any time if they cannot hold the line and will not lose your place in line. You’ll be called back once a specialist is available.

Yes. You will be sent an email confirming it was received.

If you did not receive a confirmation email log back into your account and be sure you have added your correct email address and check your junk and spam folders. The confirmation email will be from governmentjobs.com.

No. You must apply to an open job posting.

Yes. Please upload the resume as an attachment to your job application.

Yes. Beginning your application with a resume does not include the resume as the attachment. You must attach it separately through the application process.

It depends on the job. Some will require a resume while others will not. It is, however, recommended that you attach a resume.

Qualifications are evaluated based on the information provided on the application and/or resume submitted for the job. A different resume will not be accepted. Check and make sure your application/resume is complete and accurate before submitting.

Yes. For information on the County's Veterans' Preference, please CLICK HERE.

Yes. After Sept. 1, 2020, you must provide your Veterans' preference documentation as an attachment to your job application using your Governmentjobs.com. For more information on the County's Veterans Preference Policy CLICK HERE.

If you waive/decline the hiring interview you will no longer be considered for the position If you waive three interviews where the position and department are the same, a recruiter may contact you to determine the reason.

If you do not appear for a scheduled hiring interview you will no longer be considered for the position. If you do not appear for several scheduled interviews, a recruiter may contact you to determine the reason.

Please go to governmentjobs.com/careers/riverside and login to your account, check your applications, and view and accept the offer.  For more information see the guide. 

Please contact the County's test vendor, SHL, technical support line at (800) 899-7451, option 1.

Applications submitted prior to September 1, 2020 to Job Gateway will continue to be evaluated and processed.

No. You will need to create a new Governmentjobs.com account, or use an existing one.

No. You will need to create a new account, or use an existing Governmentjobs.com account.

As of September 1, 2020 access to Job Gateway will stop and you will not be able to access any previous applications or files previously uploaded.

Applicants must apply for jobs from the Careers Opportunities page, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/riverside. Applications or Resumes that were submitted to the Job Gateway system are no longer used to apply for County jobs.

Education completion in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet qualification requirements if the applicant can show that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide such evidence when applying for County jobs. This information must be submitted to the recruiter prior to the job offering, however, at times, this information is required at the job application stage. Applicants must read the job posting information and follow instructions in the event that education equivalency is required at the time of job application.
Education received in foreign colleges or universities will be considered acceptable based on any of the following: 1. The specific courses have been accepted for college-level credit by an accredited US college or university because they would be creditable if the student were to further his or her education at that institution. 2. An evaluation of the education by an accredited US college or university shows that education is equivalent to that gained in an accredited US college or university. 3. An accredited US state university reports the other institution as one whose transcripts are given full value or full value is given in subject areas applicable to the curricula at the state university. 4. The applicant submits an evaluation of the coursework from an organization recognized for accreditation by the Department of Education that shows that the coursework is equivalent to that gained in an accredited US college or university. 5. The education completed outside the US has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in the interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional US education programs.
There are several membership organizations specializing in the evaluation services of foreign educational credits and credentials used for employment and other purposes. A list of private organizations providing evaluation services is available from the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE).  The member organizations operate for a fee, based on the extent of the education to be evaluated. These links are provided for your general information and may not be all-inclusive. The County of Riverside does not endorse any particular service.

The County of Riverside is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the recruiter noted in the job posting for the position. For additional information and/or to obtain the appropriate form for requesting a reasonable accommodation, please visit the Disability Access Office web page located at: http://dao.rc-hr.com/.

Contact the recruiter listed on the job posting for an update.

Click the link below to create a job interest card, you will receive an email notification each time a position opens with County of Riverside whose category matches one of the categories you've chosen.

The County of Riverside uses SHL for many if its pre-employment tests. To take practice tests, review example questions, and get other testing advice, visit the SHL practice test site https://www.shl.com/shldirect/en/practice-tests/. Practice tests can help provide you a similar experience to an actual test in terms of question types and formats. Note: To take a practice test, you will need to create an account in SHL's practice test system. If you have previously tested with the County of Riverside, you still need to create an account in the practice test system.